Saturday, July 23, 2011

Breastfeeding Part 5- Final Thoughts

My final thoughts on breastfeeding... enoughs, enough, right?

Breastfeeding is quite literally a pain.  It hurts, it's time consuming, it's messy (well babies eating is just messy), but it's worth it.  I have been breastfeeding #2 almost exclusively for close to 9 months, I love it.  It's fast, it makes less dishes, and the best part is I have gotten to bond with my baby.

I know that breastfeeding is not for everyone, but I truly think everyone should TRY if physically possible.  I am a strong believer that if you don't try something at least once, how will you know whether you like it or not?  Had I based my opinion of breastfeeding solely on the first 2 weeks of #1's life.. I would be telling people to quit before they started.  But I stuck with it and ended up pumping for 10 1/2 months exclusively with him.  #2 my husband wanted me to give up right away and pump, I stuck with it and I couldn't be more pleased!  (I think secretly my hubby likes it, too, because he gets out of baby feeding duty every time when I am home).

So, short story long, try it.  You might like it!!

In case you missed the first four installments...
Part 1-Clothing
Part 2-Pumping
Part 3-Pumping Supplies
Part 4- Books

No comments:

Post a Comment